About Me

My photo
Polymerase chain reaction is a cornerstone of molecular biology research. Using short pieces of single-stranded DNA called primers the previously invisible becomes tangible.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

A Fast One

My cable company called last week and said they needed to switch out my old box for a new one. They said it wouldn’t cost anything and I wouldn’t be billed for a service call. Okay. I made an appointment for yesterday.

The guy comes by, installs a new box and says that he doesn’t need the old one. Picture’s great, but now I’m getting movie channels that aren’t part of my service package. They’re pushers aren’t they? They think I’m going to upgrade once I see how great digital is. Well, I think not. Now the digital phone service, that may require some figuring.

No comments: