About Me

My photo
Polymerase chain reaction is a cornerstone of molecular biology research. Using short pieces of single-stranded DNA called primers the previously invisible becomes tangible.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

An Unfortunate Haircut


It has been a week, and contrary to self-assurances, I haven’t grown into my new haircut. Almost five years, and I haven’t found enough courage to trust another to cut my hair. As a result, I’ve suffered through a series of self-inflicted buzz cuts. Last week, after several months of letting the fuzz grow out, I tried something new. I left the top alone to allow it to continue its journey back to hairhood, but buzzed the sides and back. The result is something that has no option other than to be named “The Dictator’s Do”. I’ll give it another week, but I anticipate the shears making a premature appearance.

No comments: