|Garlic and Lemon Rasam|
Dinner was adapted from a recipe in Three Bowl Cookbook by Scott and Pappas. The following are diversions from the protocol:
- I didn't have any red lentils, so I substituted with a mix of split peas and brown lentils.
- I passed the garlic through a press rather than mincing it.
- I left half the seeds of one jalapeno pepper in the dice.
- I seeded the tomato before chopping it.
- I supplemented the juice of 1 lemon with its zest.
- I reduced the eggplant saute by 5 minutes to maintain its body.
We ate it with some toast. I'd do this one again.