About Me

My photo
Polymerase chain reaction is a cornerstone of molecular biology research. Using short pieces of single-stranded DNA called primers the previously invisible becomes tangible.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Kain 1.01

Garlic and Lemon Rasam

Dinner was adapted from a recipe in Three Bowl Cookbook by Scott and Pappas.  The following are diversions from the protocol:

  • I didn't have any red lentils, so I substituted with a mix of split peas and brown lentils.
  • I passed the garlic through a press rather than mincing it.
  • I left half the seeds of one jalapeno pepper in the dice.
  • I seeded the tomato before chopping it.
  • I supplemented the juice of 1 lemon with its zest.
  • I reduced the eggplant saute by 5 minutes to maintain its body.

We ate it with some toast.  I'd do this one again.

No comments: