I couldn’t sleep last night. Now that I think about it, I haven’t been sleeping well for a couple of weeks. I think it’s a combination of stress and diet. The stress, I’ll deal with later. Let’s start with the diet.
Yesterday was pretty bad. I learned that I could make crepes by adding extra liquid to the pancake batter mix that I’ve gotten hooked on. Wait, let’s try it like this:
Breakfast – Fried Spam Crepes
- Pancake batter mix
- Whole milk
- Add 1.5x milk to pancake batter mix
- Beat with wire whisk until lump-free and runny
- Lightly coat frying pan with butter, medium heat
- Ladle approximately 0.25 cup batter into pan and tilt pan in a slow circular motion to spread batter to the thinnest level
- Cook until bubbles disappear from surface
- Grab an edge and peel away from pan to flip over
- Crepe is cooked about 30 seconds later
- Slice block of SPAM into thin slabs
- Fry on medium-high heat until crisped on each side
- Julliene slabs
- Roll julliene slices of SPAM in crepe and enjoy
Lunch – Pizza
Had two slices of leftover pizza, one plain, one broccoli.
Dinner – Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Commercial dry stuffing (I was out of breadcrumbs)
- Roasted pepper and garlic sauce
- Ground beef
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Food process two handfuls of dried stuffing
- Combine processed stuffing with the rest of the ingredients
- Shape 0.33 cup of mix into balls and place on a baking sheet
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and place into saucepan with spaghetti sauce
- Heat on medium for another 30 minutes
I haven't gotten the knack for including all the salient details like amounts and proper units. Hopefully I'll get better as I go along.
So, yesterday’s diet, not so good. I’m going for a run now.