About Me

My photo
Polymerase chain reaction is a cornerstone of molecular biology research. Using short pieces of single-stranded DNA called primers the previously invisible becomes tangible.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Training Log

  • Time: 6:15 am
  • Weather: 27° F, mostly sunny, little to no wind
  • Weight: +30 lbs.
  • Resting Heart rate: 68 bpm
  • Distance: run - 5.4 mi., wtd - 5.4 mi., ytd - 5.4 mi.
  • Shoe Status: NB 831, 280+ miles

Goals

  • Get out to run more consistently.

    That shouldn’t be hard, as last year was an abysmal fitness year. I’m 15 lbs above my 2002 marathon weight and 20 lbs above my 1997 marathon weight. I haven’t accomplished a 30-mile week since last October.

  • Make it through this year’s NYC Marathon injury free.

    Finishing is the primary goal. A realistic goal is to finish under 4 hours. The optimistic goal is to run a 3:45 marathon.

Comments:

I logged my first miles of 2005. The roads were mostly cleared though semi-frozen snow SUV tracks made footing a bit tenuous. I wore two layers to cover my legs (tights and sweatpants), three for the top (a poly tee, cotton long sleeve and a hooded sweatshirt). Pace was slow barely faster than brisk walking. 3 laps of Seaman's Neck Loop. I’ll break out my new trainers, NB 833, tomorrow.

No comments: