About Me

My photo
Polymerase chain reaction is a cornerstone of molecular biology research. Using short pieces of single-stranded DNA called primers the previously invisible becomes tangible.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Now I'm Really Feeling Bad

Dear Visitor From India,

This is a personal blog that may at times superficially mention science. I apologize if you were delayed in your research by diversion here.

I am unfamiliar with the T8 and T14 elements. As such, I would not be able to point you in the direction of suitable primers. A very cursory search revealed mention of T8 elements in a neurobiology paper regarding pre-translational mRNA splicing in neuronal cells. T14 is a line of genetically modified corn that is herbicide tolerant and was approved by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Neither of the papers I've read on these topics include details on primer sequences. Perhaps you can contact the investigators. I'll send you the link if you wish.

If T8 and T14 are referring to elements in a cloning vector, it would be best to contact the biotech company or researcher that provided the vector for sequence data. I know Stratagene, BD Biosciences and Invitrogen all provide vector sequence in their manuals, both online and printed. It's been a while since I've done that type of research, so, off-hand I am not aware of any vectors exploiting elements with those designations.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Regards,
-primer

No comments: